Here’s what you need to prepare a Corporation, S Corporation or Partnership tax return for the current year.


  • Tax Organizer
  • Prior year tax returns - minimum of 3 years
  • Prior year Income Statement and Balance Sheet
  • Income Statement – All statements must consistently apply cash or accrual accounting method
  • Balance Sheet – Corporation -if receipts or assets greater than $250,000; Partnership – if Assets greater $250,000 or Receipts greater than $1,000,000
  • Shareholder/Partner Basis- Prior year reports and balances by person
  • Shareholder/Partner Contributions – current year
  • Shareholder/Partner Capital/Cash Distributions – current year

If Applicable provide the following information or statements:

  • Final bank account statement or listing of bank checking and savings balances – Cash on the balance sheet should be the cash on books not cash in bank
  • Bank loan Form 1098 with principle, interest & RE tax detail or statement of loan information
  • If you have inventory, provide beginning balance, purchases, expenses and ending balance
  • Assets disposed/ sold and additions
  • For shareholder or partner loans, provide details by person to include beginning and ending balance plus principal and interest paid
  • If you use personal credit cards for business expenses, provide a summary of separate business and personal total with proration of interest
  • Prior year shareholder Basis report from tax return or a separate statement – details on each shareholder or partner showing beginning, contributions, distributions and ending balances
  • Payroll W3 statement – Provide 941 and 940 forms if W3 not available
  • Corporation - A breakdown of Gross Wages for officers and /or shareholders
  • Provide details on federal and state unemployment payments
  • If employee benefits, provided break out of employer payments by type
  • Partner health insurance – break out details by partner
  • Provide information on meals and entertaining, separating employee and client amounts